TRANSLATE THIS PAGE:
The Justice Center of Southeast Massachusetts (JCSM), a subsidiary of South Coastal Counties Legal Services, Inc.(SCCLS), a non-profit legal services program providing free civil legal assistance to eligible low-income and elder residents, seeks to hire Immigration Attorneys to work with a robust and dynamic immigration unit located in downtown Brockton, MA. The immigration unit represents clients in a wide-range of matters, including, but not limited to, asylum, U and T visas, special immigrant juvenile cases, VAWA, TPS, DACA, family-based petitions, and removal defense. In addition to direct representation, the immigration unit engages in systemic advocacy, community outreach and education, and provides community clinics.
SCCLS and its subsidiary, the Justice Center of Southeast Massachusetts (JCSM), with a combined staff of nearly 80, is the principal provider of free, civil legal aid to low-income
residents of Southeastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod, and the islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. SCCLS law offices are located in Hyannis, New Bedford and Fall River. The Justice Center is located in Brockton. SCCLS’ core mission is to achieve justice for eligible clients through community-based advocacy. The organization prioritizes legal services in: housing, public benefits, elder law, domestic relations, employment, education, immigration, and consumer matters.
- Provide high quality zealous legal representation, counsel and/or referrals;
- Participate in, or conduct, community education, outreach, and clinic events;
- Participate in team meetings; identify and participate in impact advocacy projects;
- Engage in continuous learning in immigration law;
- Participate in other program activities to further organizational goals and mission.
- Admitted in MA or eligible for admission in MA;
- Demonstrated commitment or experience working with diverse communities, including experience representing clients who may have experienced poverty, trauma or discrimination;
- Strong organizational, time management and case management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team; flexible and adaptable;
- Proficiency or ability to learn legal case management systems, Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fluency in a language reflecting our client populations preferred (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Vietnamese, Khmer);
- Prior immigration law experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salaries are based on a collective bargaining agreement scale starting at $65,000 with yearly standard increases, multi-lingual annual increment for demonstrated language skills. Benefits package: health and dental with supplemental coverage, life insurance, disability, flexible spending account, 403(b), loan forgiveness. Generous paid leave including sick, vacation, personal and holidays.
Submit: letter of interest, resume and writing sample to: LThelin@sccls.org with subject: Immigration Atty. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
South Coastal Counties Legal Services and its subsidiary are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. We welcome applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster a healthy, inclusive environment where all staff, clients, and community members are valued, empowered and recognized.