Legal Information and Referral
- Massachusetts Legal Resource Finder
Find legal help in your area
Sponsored by the American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Court System
- Citizens’ Guide to State Services for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission
Community Based Organizations
South Coastal Counties Legal Services works closely with community-based organizations to ensure our clients not only have the legal assistance they need but also access to other benefits and supportive services. These partner websites are not maintained by SCCLS and SCCLS does not acknowledge or guarantee the accuracy of their content.
Domestic Violence Resources
If you are a victim survivor of domestic violence or sexual assault, you may want to learn more about the following organizations and the services they offer.
- Massachusetts Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Resources
- Barnstable County
- Bristol County area
The Women’s Center
- Dukes County
Martha’s Vineyard Community Services
- Nantucket County
A Safe Place, Inc.
- Plymouth County
South Shore Women’s Resource Center
- Family and Community Resources
- Health Imperatives
- A New Day
If you are an older resident of our service area or a caregiver for an older resident, you may find the following websites to be of interest.
- Homeowner Options for Massachusetts Elders
- Cape Cod and Islands area
Elder Services of Cape Cod and the Islands
- New Bedford area
Coastline Elderly Services, Inc.
- Greater Fall River and Taunton areas
Bristol Elder Services
- Plymouth County, Stoughton and Avon
Old Colony Planning Council
The following community action agencies may be able to help you with fuel assistance, weatherization projects, early childhood education, food resources and/or consumer complaints.
- Community Action Committee of Cape Cod and Islands, Inc.
- Consumer Assistance Council , Inc.
- South Shore Community Action Council
- Citizens for Citizens
If you need help with affordable housing or rental assistance, you may want to contact these organizations or your local housing authority.
- Massachusetts Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development Resource Locator
- Housing Assistance Corporation
- NeighborWorks Housing Solutions
Other Human Service Links of Interest
- Massachusetts Health and Human Services
- Massachusetts 211
(a state information and referral organization site)
- Barnstable County Department of Human Services
- Community Economic Development Center of Southeastern Massachusetts
- Martha’s Vineyard Community Services
- Nantucket Human Services Center
- Plymouth Area Coalition for the Homeless
- Immigrants Assistance Center